Cloud, networks & IOT
There’s a true cloud transformation currently happening. This conference provides the key to succeed in a cloud transformation and how to secure the process.
How to Be Successful on Cloud Digital Transformation, From A to Z
Market trends are all saying that cloud transformation isn’t a question. It’s the big shift currently in progress. Security should not be forgotten during this transformation. There are five corner stones of cloud transformation:
- When we talk about cloud, we think technology. We think about servers, artificial intelligence to have business-oriented decision, machine learning, big data… Although, this is not the most complicated challenge of this kind of change.
- A lot of physical data centres will be completely cut off. It’s a big question for IT departments to know where to go and what to do about it.
- Security is still a big challenge because there are two measure types of security: security of the cloud and security in the cloud.
- Shifting technologies is one thing; shifting mind is a completely different one. Companies, to change the mindset of their salaries, need to train and accompany them.
- Companies shouldn’t forget to modernize their operations.
Following is what the methodology should look like:
- Being able to fix the business objectives. Measurement is the key when you want to transform.
- Getting ready, being sure the global transformation can be effectively done.
- Planning the process.
- Minding a security gap.
- Scripting as much as possible.
- Pre-developing a service catalogue and communicate a lot.
- Going in production.
At the early beginning of any change, there shall be a risk evaluation to see where the assets are to protect. Companies should so transformation with cybersecurity by design on architecture.
Speaker: Matthieu DEMOOR, Linkbynet
How to Bring Security in OpenSource Cloud Architecture, Secure Data management in IoT, Edge Computing, fog Network and Data Streaming Issues
Many of the current buzz words are based on cloud architecture: smart city, AI, Big Data, IoT… Cloud is already essential:
- For many companies, cloud is business focused. It’s not for cost or optimization, but for business issues like performance, innovation or compliance. We put more and more added value in cloud architecture and at one moment, it is the core business of a company.
- Devops is very interesting because we always speak about IT and business alignment. In each company, we can always find services which progress at different rates.
- Micro services are useful when you make IUT or high-performance computing.
- IT is colonizing the OT: it has already happened with all the biggest carriers across the world, which are implementing network function virtualization. They are using their IT technology for their OT. Security is a big issue cause when you’re putting it in your OT system, you’re opening it, but the security doesn’t follow.
Without security, digital transformation cannot exist, and hackers already made their transition, that’s why companies have to follow. Open source permits to get back some of the added value companies create.
Speaker: Mathieu POUJOL, Pac-Online
Security in the IoT Era
GSMA is the GSM association, an industrial association representing the mobile industry. Recently, 1 billion connected devices and have been reached.
IoT looks very complex because there’s plenty of different devices, but they have a similar architecture, a cloud architecture. People talk a lot about security by design, but what is it? It’s about making sure that a peculiar service is available, authentication (you are who you say you are), privacy, and integrity of the data in the system. Once you have a trusted computing base, you can add additional functions on top of it.
Once security has been implemented, you should check whether you have implemented sufficient security functions int your system, or not.
Speaker: Mona MUSTAPHA, GSMA